Are you thinking of getting Invisalign?
Do you want to improve your smile? Do you feel like you're too old to be wearing braces? Well, Dr. Mark Allen understands how you feel, which is why he offers Invisalign at their Garland, Rockwall, and Royse City offices.
Invisalign is composed of custom-made clear aligners that are made to fit your upper and lower teeth. The aligners function the same way traditional braces work, by applying pressure on each tooth so that it moves into its proper position. Dr. Allen creates your custom aligners using a specialized computer software.
The clear plastic aligners are flexible and are great if you need to straighten your teeth and don't want anyone to know you're wearing braces, unlike traditional metal braces. You do, however, need to keep them on for a minimum of 20 hours a day. You can take them off if you want to eat, brush your teeth, or floss.
Benefits of Invisalign:
There are several benefits to Invisalign. Here are a few:
- Oral Hygiene: Because Invisalign is a removable appliance, you will be able to clean your teeth more thoroughly than if you have traditional metal braces. Make sure to brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once.
- Comfortable: Invisalign aligners are thin, flexible aligners that don't irritate the soft tissue in your mouth.
- Teeth-Grinding Protection: If you have a teeth-grinding or clenching habit, Invisalign can be used as a nightguard to protect your teeth.
- Discreet Look: Invisalign is transparent, so no one will notice if you have braces.
- No Dietary Deprivations: You can eat whatever you want because the aligners you wear are removable.
If you would like to schedule an appointment call Dr. Allen today!